Two Step Sparring – Numbers 1 – 4 (5th kup blue tag)
The following videos are purely to help you get it into your heads at home – they are an aid to revision, not for you to learn from. It is no replacement for class training; we have opponents to practice distance and timing with and me to fine tune and tell you what you’re doing wrong!
Solo performances by Mr Martin of two step numbers 1 – 4 (for your 5th kup blue tag grading) – first the attack then defence for each, so you can practice at home in the kitchen!
Two step sparring enable the student to confirm all they have learnt in 3 step sparring, against more varied attacks and develop combinations.
Attackers start right leg back in L-stance, forearm guarding block.
Defenders start in parallel ready stance.
- Attack = Right leg forward, right walking stance, obverse punch, left low front snap kick.
Defence = Left leg back right walking stance, rising block. Right leg back left walking stance, X fish pressing block.
Counter = Slide forward in walking stance, twin vertical punch to opponents face.
- Attack = Right leg forward fixed stance right side punch, left leg middle turning kick.
Defence = Right leg back L stance upward palm block, left leg back L stance waist block with right outer forearm.
Counter = Slide forward into right L stance, right side elbow strike to opponents abdomen.
- Attack = Right leg front kick, spot down and step left leg forwards into left walking stance, high twin vertical punch.
Defence = Right leg back left walking stance, low x-fist pressing block, left leg back right walking stance, high outer forearm wedging block.
Counter = Knee strike to solar plexus whilst pulling opponent’s shoulders forwards and downwards.
- Attack = Right leg forward, right walking stance, right flat fingertip thrust, middle side kick with the left leg.
Defence = Right leg back left walking stance, knifehand rising block. Left leg back left L stance, inward palm block.
Counter = Front snap kick to coccyx, twin upset punch to kidney area.
Solo performances by Mr Martin of two step numbers 5 – 8 (for your 4th kup blue belt grading) – first the attack then defence for each.
- Attack = Right leg reverse side kick, step forward into a left walking stance, high obverse palm strike.
Defence = Right L stance, palm waist block, left leg back left L stance, inward outer forearm block.
Counter = Form a right walking stance, middle left reverse knifehand inward strike to solar plexus (slipping right foot).
- Attack = Right high turning kick, step forward into a left walking stance, arc-hand strike to the throat.
Defence = Move left diagonally forming a sitting stance, twin vertical forearm checking block, right leg back right L stance palm hooking block (grabbing the arm).
Counter = Left side kick (still holding the grabbed arm).
- Attack = Right fixed stance, side fist side strike, left middle reverse turning kick.
Defence = Left L stance, twin forearm block, right leg back right L stance, middle knifehand guarding block (sliding away using block as guard only).
Counter = Right high reverse turning kick.
- Attack = Right middle side kick, spinning high knifehand strike into right L stance, (turning anti clockwise).
Defence = Right L stance, inward inner forearm waist block, step left foot to right, step back into right L stance, knifehand guarding block.
Counter = Step forwards into left X stance, high backfist side strike to temple or back of neck.