Who We Are
What information we will collect:
We may collect and process the following data about you: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use one of our sites, search for a product, place an order on one of our sites or download information and when you report a problem with one of our sites. The information you give us may include:
- Forename and Surname
- Date of Birth
- Current Address
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact email address
- Medical Conditions
- Next of Kin name and emergency contact details.
- Financial and credit card information
With regard to each of your visits to one of our sites we may automatically collect the following information:Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
if you use our online shop (for purchasing videos) we collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
– Send you important account/order/service information.
– Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
– Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
– Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
– Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
– Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
– Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
– If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our sites.
Why we need the information we gather
We require this information to administer your membership and to provide the products and services you have requested from us and provide you with an efficient service for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Sending membership fee notices to you
- Recording financial transaction to your membership fee account
- Contacting you with relevant club and Association correspondence – we may periodically send promotional emails with club news regarding competitions, gradings etc. and other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided. You can remove yourself from this mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each newsletter.
- Contacting your named relative(s)/next of kin in case of emergency during a TaeKwon-Do class or other event
- Maintaining a record of any recognised competitions you may take part in
- Maintaining a record of your grade status and related grading examinations
- Maintaining a record of any TaeKwon-Do qualifications you have obtained
- Entering you for gradings, competitions and courses
- Confirming your grade to other Associations or International Bodies if they request confirmation of your grade for any competitions you have entered with them
Who we share the information with
When you join our club we share your personal details with the TaeKwon-Do Association of Great Britain (TAGB) for membership purposes, for maintaining a record of your grade status and related grading examinations, maintaining a record of any recognised competitions you may take part in and maintaining a record of any TaeKwon-Do qualifications you have obtained. The TAGB will share your data with the British Taekwondo Council (The United Kingdom National Governing Body for Tae kwon-do) for membership and insurance purposes only. We (Russ Martin’s Schools of TaeKwon-Do), the TAGB or the BTC do not share your data with any other third parties.
How Long Do We Store Your Information
We will store your information for as long as you are a currently training student and for a period of 36 months after you cease training with us (paying subscription fees). For children this 36 months will commence at the individual’s 18th birthday.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and hold online. All such information is held on secure servers. The TAGB complies with all applicable Data Protection Regulations.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Controlling your personal information
We (Russ Martin’s Schools of TaeKwon-Do) and the TAGB will retain your personal information on our membership database for the duration of your membership, and for a period of 36 months after your membership has expired. However, in the case of a minor (under 16 yrs) the information will be retained until they reach the age of 21 yrs. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at:
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Bristol North & Bristol South TaeKwon-Do, 51 Church Road, Winscombe, North Somerset BS25 1BP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We take your privacy seriously and all such information is held on secure servers. The TaeKwon-Do Association of Great Britain complies with all applicable Data Protection Regulations.
We may change and update this policy from time to time and will notify you accordingly.
This policy is effective from 20/05/2018
1) Under GDPR you have the right to view all data we hold on you. Access to this information can be obtained upon request from your TAGB Instructor.
2) Under GDPR you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you think there is a problem in the way your data is being handled.